Monday, October 13, 2008

Noah and the Whale


No, despite the name, this is not another post about my "oh-so-cute" nephew. Last Monday Mike and I went to see a band Noah and the Whale. We discovered this band some time ago on the myspace friend list of an amazing band Slow Club. Anyways, since then Noah and the Whale has popped up everywhere. You have probably heard their song 5 Years Time on the Saturn commercial, or I believe on a Sun Chips commercial. Some people criticize bands for being on commercials, I say the commercial needs music, might as well be a song you like.
Okay, getting back to Monday night. We went to this little place called Spaceland. It was completely free, and we were able to be about a foot away from the band. I love places like that! Sometimes it just feels so good to be in a small place hearing music you love so loudly that you don't have to think, you become completely absorbed into each song. It has been a few years since we were able to go to a show like this, and I loved every second of it. If you haven't heard them, I suggest you check them out although probably not everyone will like them. (I did take pictures, but honestly they aren't that great.)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Sounds like fun! I havent been to a show in YEARS... literally...

Delgado Co. said...

Hey Girl how are you? We are back here in Cali living at my parents place!

Curtis and Barbara said...

That's way cool... I'll have to check 'em out!