Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas and New Year's(Finally!)

Ok, so I am finally getting all these pictures put up. Decorating our home for Christmas was really fun this year. We didn't have quite as many decorations as we thought we did, but it was enough. I was able to make the cute Christmas plaque at an enrichment activity in November, and I loved the way it looked. And although our Christmas tree was crooked, it was still great. I love having a Christmas tree in the house; there is nothing quite like that smell to give you the Christmas feel!



Once again we were able to visit both sides of the family on Christmas. It was great! I love being able to see everyone. We had a wonderful Christmas. Mike bought me the bike I've really been wanting, and my parents bought us rock band. We have been playing that none stop. We are so thankful for all the gifts we received, thank you everyone. Karen and Skip bought us some Olive Garden gift cards, which were great for our anniversary.



For New Year's Eve., David has started a tradition of playing dodge ball at the church. There weren't too many people there, just family, but it was still fun. However, Mike and I versus David and Jordan, can be a little scary. I think I screamed every time one of them threw the ball. As you can see in the pictures, everyone was a little silly that night. Before midnight, we headed back to my parent's house, and played some more rock band. I swear that games is so addicting. My parents even started to play a little, but even watching people play is fun. Of course, we also went outside and screamed at midnight. Believe it or not, my family really can make a lot of noise. I am looking forward to another great year with my family!

10 comments:

River said...

OH I miss you guys so much. So when we playing Rock Band? We're ready to come over. I think I can get 200 songs for you if your addicted like someone I know. Not me I'd rather watch. I'm so bad at it. I have to say I love your photos so much. They tell the stories so well. Well, Keith's saying we can't wait to see you guys. Disneyland anyone?

Rachel said...

your house is decorated so cute!! i love bows! looks like you guys had tons of fun!! happy new year!!

Heidi said...

How fun! I love that picture of my Grandpa Pitt, SO CUTE! Looks like lots of fun traditions. I love all those pictures!

Sheryl said...

You did get some great pictures! We all need a copy of that picture of Grandpa Pitt! Sooo cute! If you could email me that picture and the one of me and Karen... I would love it! So great to spend time with you sweetie pie!

Brian said...

You know what, I would scream too if Garen were hurling a dodgeball at me too.

and...btw...Mike, is that a bald spot I see coming in? I'm going grey and you're going bald, let's see which one of us gets there first.

Amy and Jeff said...

Looks like a fun holiday. How nice to have so much family around.

What is it that you used to hang up your Christmas cards? It looks cute. Every year I'm trying to figure out what to do with mine.

AB said...

Thanks to your parents for Rock Band. The Carpenters have enjoyed it very much!

River said...

OH I'll let you know. We aren't positive if we will come now... I want to but you know who is being frugal... that's what we call it. But yea. Rock Band I'll see what I can do. I'm thinking I'll need to bring a huge memory card. I'll talk to my buddy and find out. It'll be our make up present to your for the famous comment... LOL which by the way just happened to one of my girls this week. She was somewhere (obviously) and someone told her she was really smart for wearing leggings cause it was super cold. She almost cried.

Rachel said...

I love your blog. So I gave you an award!!! Check out my blog for details.

Curtis and Barbara said...

Fun decorations! Hey, I'm coming into town tomorrow and will be here (CA) for a week, so I'll round-up Wendy and Jackie to do lunch or something sometime next week!