Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day Fun!


For the 4th of July, we usually head to Huntington Beach, to watch the fireworks at the pier, but this year we went to Jana and Loren's house for a block party. I have to say, this was way better than going to the beach. There is something so classic about a block party, and we loved it.



Every house hosted something different. We had a potluck lunch/dinner, and then enjoyed free snow cones and cotton candy.



To make things more exciting, Loren and Jana started an air hockey tournament. Mike and I have a long standing competition at air hockey, so it was fun to beat him at the last moment. I am however no match for Loren.



Fireworks are legal in Lakewood, so we were able to buy some fun ones, and light them off ourselves. As you can see, we tried to make some fun shapes with the sparklers. Mike and I kept trying to get a heart, but we just weren't coordinated enough. The bottom corner picture will have to count as an M for Morris. Tara was a pro though; she made some pretty cool designs.


Thank you Jana and Loren, we had a great time! There is nothing better than celebrating with family and friends, especially on the 4th of July. I am so grateful for this Country, and for the freedoms that we experience. I have no doubt that God made it possible for us to have the rights and the privileges that we enjoy every day.

6 comments:

Cookies and Crumbs said...

What a fun block party! I wish people would have more of those. Fun sparklers!

Carrie said...

That looks like so much fun! Our 4th of July festivities consisted of me running away from my Father-in-law who thought it was funny to light firecrackers behind my back. Yeah...REALLY funny.

Heidi said...

So much fun. although we missed out on the fun sparklers. You got some great shots!

Jana Howard said...

Yay!! What great pictures!!! We need copies!!

River Hopkins said...

Oh so much fun. WE can't wait to come see you guys. WE will do it within the next few weeks. WE better have this much fun... lol

A Mommy, a Daddy, a Baby: a Blog. said...

I'm glad that you were able to have fun without us- I mean, we missed you.