Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Slow Club

Saturday night, Mike, Arwen, Breana, Jordan and I were able to go see Slow Club, one of our favorite bands. They were amazing. They started the show on the floor, just the two of them playing guitars and singing. It was unlike any other show I've been to, unfortunately though, their set was way too short, only about 6 songs. (Please don't judge the crappy pictures, I had to use my cell phone.)


Slow Club is from England, and I honestly never thought they would come out here and play, so I was thrilled for them to come. I had been looking forward to this show for a few months,and it was worth the wait. They are one of the bands that I love to sing and dance too, especially with my tamborine (inspired by Bre's). And, just so all of you can see what I'm talking about, I put a playlist with some of their songs on the side of my blog. They are beautiful, and fun. See if you recognize which one of those songs is on a commercial.

5 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

They are awesome! I just listened to your playlist! thanks for sharing!

RACHEL said...

lol!!! this makes me laugh, i could totally picture you dancing around with a tamborine!!!!

Curtis and Barbara said...

How fun! They sound pretty cool too!

River Hopkins said...

what? You moved on to tambourine? what happened to the jug. Guess I retired Colby too.

Brian said...

Interesting band...Oddly, I had never heard of them, but they've got a nice unique indie sound. They also remind me of the Mamas and Papas. I'm going to feature them on my indie blog (thisindielife.wordpress.com). I'll give you and Mike a shout-out.